If you have a question or enquiry regarding information on this website or about our products and services, please contact us.
Minced Beef or Bolognese Sauce
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, and soften the onion and carrots for a few minutes.
- When soft, turn up the heat and crumble in the beef. Brown the beef, tipping off any excess fat. Add the tomato purée and Worcestershire sauce and fry for a few minutes.
- Pour over the stock, bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 40 minutes, uncovering halfway.
- Place the mixture into the bender and blend until smooth.
- Whisk in Nutilis Powder to thicken.
Tip from the chef
Put puréed minced beef in an oven proof dish. Then pipe smooth instant mashed potato on top for a great cottage pie.
You can also use this recipe to make bolognese by adding 75g passata, some Italian herbs and ½ clove of garlic.